Saturday, June 02, 2007

Runner's Heights: Requiem to GM

Back to the good old routine--the 5 miles down to the Creek and back. The run wasn't easy because I couldn't find my usual pace and rhythm--the one-week haitus took my rhythm away. But it feels good to be back. Running is so easy when you are in the proximity of the morning ocean breeze especially when it is also the month of the LA June gloom. I hardly agree that it is gloom but that's what people call it. Personally, I'd call it June bloom. It would be even more worth if I could spot that otter that made a face at me many weeks ago. If anything, I'd like to return the favour--it's not too often that you get to craft a rejoinder to an otter's ridicule.

Well, there is karma and there is karma that affects the makers of cars, as in "carma." Having read the woes of GM, Ford, and Chrysler in the BBC News, it is not hard to think that this is instant carma for their nefarious and malicious trade practices over the last two decades. Giving Americans low-quality cars for their hard-earned dollars, using "patriotism" to urge the consumer to "Buy American" when most of the automobile plants are located abroad, and using tax and farm-equipment loopholes to sell low-performance, environment-polluting, gas-guzzling SUV's to the American people. When all is said and done, GM, Ford, Chrysler will stand out as three companies that have collaborated to hoodwink the American people and destroy the environment that we all live in. When they have lost the war in building the fuel-efficient vehicles that the people really need, they will run to legislators and lawmakers to give them the protection that they will probably abuse again and again. Yes, it will be..."My Altima just sealed your carma"

No comments: