Monday, August 27, 2007

Runner's Heights: Circumventing that Port-a-Potty

One of the problems that plagues every runner is the amount of liquids to take in before every run. Galloway advises you -- and I am paraphrasing here -- to keep quaffing water until you feel it slushing around in your innards. I have tried that it works. But, the downside is that I have also found myself looking out for a decent restroom that I could use along the longer runs. So, what is the ideal balance between intake so that you don't have to rush the outtake? Well, I believe that the answer lies in your constitution. So, a trial and error process would be in the works for you. However, I would much rather be hydrated than catch a sprain or a cramp because I did not drink enough water.

Finding a public restroom in Los Angeles could be sometimes difficult in Los Angeles, finding a clean public restroom even harder. Which is why I thought I would start a list of clean, obligation-free restrooms in the Los Angeles. This is a humble beginning and I hope that someday, one restroom at a time, with the help of netizens worldwide, we shall have a directory of clean, obligation-free restrooms that anyone can run to (no pun intended) in an emergency.

So, here's the first entry in the pile:

1) The Rite-Aid at Overland/Venice in Culver City.

Here's the map to the Rite-Aid on Overland and Venice in Los Angeles.

No comments: