Thursday, September 13, 2007

Runner's Heights: The Aquatic Balance

What is most often the tangible rewards for a runner's labour of love? Well any one of these things -- a beautiful scenery, an endorphin rush, an increased confidence, and maybe, some restful sleep. Well, last evening, the reward was a spectacular Malibu sky rich with magenta and blues and streaks of vivid yellow. A camera can capture the moment, but no device, except the human psyche can capture the feeling and store it for as long as care to preserve it. Yesterday, I was planning to increase my mileage by just a little bit and so I stayed hydrated all day long. At some point during the day, I was wondering if I should keep track of the number of times that I was quaffing 12 oz cups of H2O but I lost track by afternoon -- next time, I will do a better job of keeping track of it so that I can do a body weight to water consumption report. Anyway, the hydration seems to have succeeded in keeping a headache at bay. The dreaded headache was what I had experienced after a long run a few days ago. Thanks to some running forums on the net, I discovered that a possible prevention would be to drink a lot of water and restore the electrolyte balance. I did drink a bottle of Gatorade too as part of the hydration. I have no headache but I did sprain my neck while backing up the car out of the garage, so either way, I am going to reach for my Vitamin M - Motrin.

Once again, picking up the list of clean, obligation-free restrooms in Los Angeles. Here's one that's near a major intersection, Jefferson and Sepulveda, in Culver City. I always manage to find some interesting cereals and fruit preservatives at this Big Lots store.

Big Lots #4166

5587 Sepulveda Boulevard
Culver City, CA 90230
(310) 391-5905Print address

No comments: