Saturday, September 22, 2007

Runners Heights: The Return of the Aquatic Mammal

Starting this week, I have decided to include a cumulative log of mileage that I run since the recovery from a pulled soleus muscle. I have heard from various other runners that I chat with that recovery from an injured soleus takes longer than usual and I am experiencing that myself. Since the injury, I am only imagining what it would be to like to run a daily 8-miler, something that I would look forward to. Now, if can manage 4 miles, I usually feelI am almost about to go over the precipice. But, today's also a big day for me as I am about to reduce the amount of coffee that I drink. The goal would be to reduce or mitigate my current dependence on it and I have done it before on my trips abroad. So, it can be done.

So, the mileage so far has been 4 miles. Here's to the challenge that this number increases faster than the amount of Carbon dioxide that we inject into the air. Well, if the earth gets warmer, there will be less wintry days and that's good news for runners, I guess. But of course, now they have deal with more bugs and mosquitoes and bikers who will also want to go out to enjoy the warmer climes. Triathlons might become more popular because as the ocean level rises, we have to think about going back to being water animals because the land that we have leave has become parched, fallow, and inhospitable. As the Arctic shelf of ice becomes smaller, it will be the responsibility of individual citizens to buy mirrors that reflect the sun's rays back to space, so that the earth may stay cooler. I see a distinct rise in the stock values of mirror manufactures and I nominate the first responsibility of holding up the mirrors to owners of giant SUV's (Ford Expedition and Nissan Armada come to find). Each limousine could be equipped with a giant mirror on the roof too.

Razr pics...It rained yesterday in LA forcing Sir Snail to look for a drier habitat.

No comments: