Saturday, October 06, 2007

Runner's Heights: Day of Nagging Cold and Mahi Mahi

The progress on the cumulative mileage has stalled...I am still nursing that cold. Hot chai with ginger and Tylenol Cold multi-symptoms are the only recourse from this affliction. My only hope is to, a) not infect any one else and b) to develop a resistance for the rest of the season if there is such a thing as cold-induced immunity. I guess I could take this opportunity to do some yoga but that hasn't happened either but some twisting and bending asanas would have been perfect today. "Ah, there's always tomorrow," says the pragmatist in me. And if I do end up going to the gym for some weight training, I will be glad that there are the hand sanitizers mounted on the weightroom walls so that I don't infect anyone with my germs. Oh, maybe, someday, we'll invent germicidal gloves to work out with.

Made a round trip from Los Angeles to San Diego today. Thought I would utilize this opportunity to post some more information about obligation-free restrooms. Well, I did find one that I would be glad to recommend and it's at the La Jolla Village Center near UC San Diego. It's the FedEx/Kinko's store and it's one of the most customer-friendly branches that I have been. Besides, there are some excellent stores in the neighborhood where you can grab a bite, for instance, a Mahi-Mahi salad at Rubio's. That's one way to swim in the Triton tide.

FedEx/Kinko's
La Jolla CA
8849 Villa La Jolla Dr
La Jolla, CA 92037-1965
USA
Phone: (858) 457-3775
Fax: (858) 457-0946
Email: usa2693@fedexkinkos.com

A penny for this thought:
"The essence of patriotism today can be distilled down to a $2 bumper sticker."

No comments: