Monday, October 01, 2007

Runner's Heights: Have faith my friends

Cumulative mileage: 23 miles

Ending the day with a very good run -- at times, clocking in a speed of 7.1 miles. The average speed might have been at least in the neighborhood of 5.8-5.9 which is really an important milestone for me. What do I attribute this to? Well, don't ask me the medical reason for this because I am not a doctor. You might have a good laugh at this, but here are my conjectures on this improved speed and a strong finish:

- drinking about 5 litres of water before the run...for the ounce mavens it's 160 ounces
- giving up the espressos for about a week now
- cooler weather in Southern California
- and finally (drumroll...), running up and down the bleachers in the UCLA stadium.

So Senator John McCain goes to his constituency and says that he would prefer a president who is of the Christian faith because this nation was based on Christian values. Then, to pacify his Jewish electorate, including his friend, Joe Lieberman, he goes on to add that this nation was based on Judeo-Christian values. It is amazing that a leading figure of one of the most advanced nation could make such a cretinous remark. First of all, the U.S. constitution is designed to separate religion from governance and any president who tries to inject faith-based imperatives should be impeached for failing to uphold the constitution. Secondly, the ethos and the history of this nation belongs to the Native Americans who were displaced by the European settlers and invaders. And to understand the spirit of tolerance, all McCain has to do is look at the Native Americans, many of whom have embraced Christianity in their fold. Now, why can't McCain understand diversity and accept it just like the Native American accepted his forefather's faith? How can he even dream of being a president of one of the most powerful nations when he doesn't even have the power to look beyond his narrow-minded visions? Well, I think I can guess what you're saying..."How can anybody be worse than the incumbent?"

And now, it's doggerel time...

I said what I said
I did what I did...
I would what I could
I should what I would
I know how to make
worse from good
'coz Ah am the Prezdint!

No comments: